Have you noticed about the portable android base pcs? Shenzhen’s computer factory has unveiled their latest innovation for the MK802 Android Mini PC that is having heat demand due to shortage of production capacity.
Went into production late May this year, MK802 android mini pc is only about two weeks in the market and folks at Liliputing have managed to get one unit delivered to their office, let’s watch the unbox video…
Launched last month for USD74, the MK802 Android Mini PC is capable to run Google’s latest Android 4.0 Ice Cream Sandwich (ICS) OS. Armdevices.net has gone further by visiting their factory in Shenzhen directly and get an interview with the sales manager.
From the above video, it is noticeable that the production facility as well as the production equipments are not designed for large scale of production volume, while personnel are pretty much twenty people across the production line. But we believe that Chinese businesses likely to grow significantly (they seems understand how to get approval from the bank or underground ‘financial’ support) whenever there is a long run demand in the market.
A bit of brush up, the MK802 Android mini PC is powered by AllWinner’s 1.5 GHz single-core A10 processor, 512MB RAM, 2XUSB ports (one standard size and one micro USB port), 1x HDMI port for connecting to HDTV or displays that support for HDMI input.
Other mentioned features including microSD card slot that supports up to 32GB storage capacity, 4GB of built-in flash storage and a WiFi 802.11b/g. Complete technical details after the jump…
- Model No.: AK-212MiniPC
- CPU: Allwinner A10 1.5GHz Cortex-A8
- GPU: 2D / 3D / OpenGL ES2.0 (AMD Z430) / OpenVG1.1 (AMD Z160) @ 27M Tri/s
- Operating System: Android 4.0
- DDR RAM: 1GB DDR3
- Nand Flash: 4GB
- Network: Wireless 802.11b/g, WAPI (Ralink8188)
- Storage: External storage via USB and microSD
- Language: Both Chinese and English packaging versions have the full Android language list when setting up, including English
- USB Interface: USB 2.0 host x 2, USB storage device
- Video formats and decoders: MKV, TS, TP, M2TS, RM, RMVB, BD-ISO, AVI, VOB, DAT, ASF, TRP, FLV, WMV, ASF, MP4, 3GP, MPEG 1/2/4, H.264, H.263, VC-1, DivX, Xvid, MJPEG, RV10
- Audio formats: AAC, AAC+, eAAC+, AMR-NB, AMR-WB, QCP, MP3, WMA, WAV, MIDI, M4A
- Video output: Available in Android: 720P, 576P, 480P
- Hardware: support but not in Android yet: 1080P, Super HD 2160P, 3D Film
- Interfaces: HDMI1, USB-HOST, USB OTG, microSD
- Image formats: JPG, BMP, GIF, TIFF, PNG
- Subtitle formats: SRT, SUB, IDX, SSA, SMI
- Power adapter: External adapter 5V/2A output, 110-240V input, two wire US plug
- Dimensions: 88.5 x 35 x 13.4 mm
- Weight: 300 grams with accessories
- Package contents: Both the Chinese and English version packages come with a MK802 device, a charger, an HDMI cable, a USB cable and a USB adapter.