NovoThink has come up with the new hybrid solar charger case designed to fit iPhone 3G, 3GS and iPod 2 Generation. You could practically recharge your iPhone or iPod device while you are at school, workplaces or when you are in the city park or anywhere expose to direct sun light.
This is another great green and mobile way to recharge your iPhone or iPod touch. As with the Eneloop Solar Power Charger device, we are confident that there will be more solar energy recharging devices coming up within the next few months!
NovoThink’s Solar Surge cases have a solar panel on the back that will provide 0.5V at 100 mAh in full sunlight. The unit is integrated by a 1500 mAh lithium-ion polymer battery that is enough to store 120 percent of the power capacity a standard iPhone 3G battery would need.
It comes with a 4-stage LED battery indicator and a USB 2.0 cable for alternative charging, or it could be used as data connectivity port.
No more forgetting USB cables or too far from power outlets! A harness free, environmentally-friendly energy sources essentially anywhere we go, and keep in touch where ever you go! Following are
The Solar Surge cases for the iPhone will be available in eight varieties of colors of Green, Pink, Blue, Black, White, Metallic Green, Metallic Pink and Metallic Blue. And for the iPod cases are available in Metallic Green, Metallic Blue, Metallic Pink and Casual Black.
Casual Color Series:
Metallic Color Series:
The device might not be working on the cloudy area, but it could be a great device for hikers, campers or field workers that always remain in touch with the sun light and always find their iPhone or iPod running out of power.
“Solar Surge is a giant step towards incorporating solar panel technology into everyday life,” said Novothink president Ian Dorfman, in a statement. “We are incredibly proud to be offering a mobile phone solution that is not only highly functional but also affordable and environmentally responsible.”
- Powerup while walking, running, hiking, or biking
- Powerup while on the beach, camping, or traveling anywhere
- Durable, yet lightweight and slim design
- Full access to touch screen
- USB connection allows you to charge or sync with iTunes without ever having to take your iPhone out of the case
- A color for every personality
- State-of-the-art solar panel technology allows your iPhone 3G and 3G S to powerup with the power of the sun
- Comfortable, ergonomic design with a soft touch, non-slip finish
- LED status light indicators
- Clean, green energy source
- Speaker ports to prevent sound dampening
- Custom designed and engineered solar panels specifically for Solar Charger outputs 5.5V at 100 mAh in full sun
- 2 hours of direct solar exposure provides 30 minutes of talk time on a 3G network or 60 minutes talk time on a 2G network
- Integrated rechargeable 1500 mAh 3.7 V lithium-ion polymer battery offers 120% capacity of iPhone 3G
- Advanced lithium-ion polymer battery cell technology prevents overcharging and provides protection from extreme temperature
- USB 2.0 cable provides high capacity charging and data exchange
- Optimized power management system provides continuous charge to iPhone 3GÃ¢â‚¬â„¢s or 3G SÃ¢â‚¬â„¢s internal battery
- Case dimensions (approx): 4 7/8″ X 2 5/8″ X 7/8″
- Package dimensions (approx): 7 1/4″ X 5 1/8″ X 1 1/2″
- Model No: NT01
- iPhone 3G
- iPhone 3G S
The Solar Surge for iPod touch will be on the shelf by the end of this month, while Solar Surge for the iPhone 3G/3GS version should be available by 24th November this year, but it is available for pre-order here.
Suggested Retail Price for iPhone and iPod’s Solar Surge : USD69.95.