Parasound has unveiled ZCD, a new high-end CD player that promises impressive sound at logical price. The Parasound ZCD Compact Disc player is designed with 24-bit, 192 kHz Cirrus Logic CS4353 DAC on a CS8416 digital receiver, enabling low latency digital filtering as well as analog filtering.
There is a USB input that comes with a DAC preamplifier that allows users to play files from a flash drive, a 3.5mm stereo line input jack for connecting portable audio devices as well as other line level sources. You could play normal compact discs, mp3 discs as well as CD-R discs.
On the rear side, Parasound ZCD CD Player has the rear panel IR input for custom installations which could be automatically or manually turned on once the device connected to power source.
The dimension of Parasound ZCD CD Player is 9.5 X 10 X 2-inches or about 242 x 254 x 51-mm (WxDxH), taking a gross weight of 3.6kg or approximately 8 lbs for shipment.
The composite video output Â allow you to view and select MP3 files, while for Parasound Zcd also allow simultaneous fixed and variable level analog outputs andÂ a line level stereo input jack for playing from an MP3 player or a smartphone.
- Plays MP3s from a CD-R or USB flash drive
- Analog volume control for direct hookup to a power amp
- Composite video output (NTSC only) to view MP3 files
- Optical and Coaxial digital outputs
- Simultaneous fixed and variable level analog outputs
- Rear panel 3.5mm stereo input for portable MP3 player or smartphone
- Three turn on options (manual, 12V trigger, AC)
- 12 Volt trigger output for turning on a power amp
- Remote control included
- Rear panel IR input and RS232 serial port
- Unique half-rack width chassis; 1 rack space high
- Parasound 2 year parts, 2 years labor warranty (For USA and Canada purchases only)
You could find out more about Parasound ZCD’s specifications as well as pricing after the jump…Specifications:
- Frequency Response: 20 Hz – 20 kHz, +0/-1 dB
- THD Distortion: < 0.02% at 20 Hz S/N Ratio: > 98 dB, IHF A-weighted
- Crosstalk: >75 dB at 20 kHz
- Maximum Output Level: 2.0 Volts
- Output Impedance: < 60 ÃŽÂ© AC
- Power Requirement: 110-130 VAC, 60 Hz or 220-240 VAC, 50 Hz (15 Watts) (Voltage must be set inside unit)
More Parasound audio equipments, check it out right here!