VIA has unveiled its latest QuadCore 64-bit compatible processor that goingto have 4MB L2 cache, 1333MHz V4 Bus, 1.2+GHz speed and TDP at a 27.5 watts.
The new VIA QuadCore processor is going to offer Adaptive Overclocking, 40nm chipset that featues VIA NanoBGA2 package of 21mmx21mm at die size of 11mmx6mm. VIA has designed four ‘Isaiah’ cores on two dies, and made this new QuadCore processor to be compatible with VIA Eden, VIA C7, VIA Nano E-Series and VIA Eden X2 processors couples with affordable pricing for lower-end market that demand higher processor speed.Â It also includes VIA VT virtualization and VIA PadLock with the Advanced Cryptography Engine.
VIA VT Virtualization Technology – Application’s Virtual Scenarios, No Effect On Performance
VIA VT virtualization is a technology that enable legacy software and applications to run in virtual scenarios without slowing down on overall performance.
Other features including VIA PadLock that offers Advanced Cryptography Engine for delivering fastest AES encryption in the world. Using this technology, VIA ensure that its latest Quad Core processor capable to offer data encryption on the fly without slowing down a bit on the transfer speed and protecting both content and system security at the same time.
- Power-efficient architecture
- High-performance superscalar processing
- Out-of-order x86 architecture
- Efficient floating point unit (2 clock SP multiplies)
- Advanced multi-core processing
- Native support for 64-bit operating systems
- Hardware virtualization support
- Advanced power and thermal management
- AES hardware security features
- Secure Hash Algorithm: SHA-1, SHA-256, SHA-384, SHA-512
- Pin-to-pin compatibility with VIA processor range
[ Source: VIA ]